Location: New York, USA
Senior Project Manager must have a deep understanding of agile project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced and integrated digital solutions. The primary role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage project deliverables for projects that may include mobile/web applications, new product and solution launches.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and take ownership of the project plan by working with discipline leads (BD, BA, UX, and Technology) to determine required tasks, task groupings / sequence, milestones, project approach and methodology (waterfall, agile / scrum), dependencies, schedule, work, and resource / role assignments
- Participate in writing Change Requests and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Accurately forecast resource utilization using DOOR3 processes and tools
- Responsible for project accounting, time reporting and subsequent client invoice
- Escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels; facilitates and organizes weekly team and client status calls
- Consistently manage client expectations, solicits and acts on client feedback and identifies needs that clients may not recognize
- Manage tracking and resolution of defects and re-test/acceptance of client
- Regularly interact with business stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage project scope, deliverables, and action items
- Document project priorities with input from stakeholders; develops and documents project plans and schedules, identifying all tasks necessary to bring the project to fruition
- Assign realistic start and end dates to each task and oversees the activities of iterative-delivery self-managed
- Monitor and report project status to identify risks for stakeholders and leadership
- Ensure project documents are complete and communicated appropriately.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience including work in a management or technology consulting firm
- BA or BS in analytical field, engineering business, etc.
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and multiple project simultaneously
- Working experience with Agile ceremonies
- Advanced user of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) or similar project management tools
- Experienced in full lifecycle management of software delivery projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and industry best practices
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base, both internal and external
- Organization, attention to detail, quality, and follow-up
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build relationships and teams
- Fact-based and data-driven decision maker.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits are offered to full-time employees. Full time or contractor applicants considered. Remote work and flexible working schedule. Candidates from New York City have a preference as most of our clients and team members live and work there.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com