Sr. Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst will act as an interface between business user groups and IT to understand, document, and track the business needs and requirements throughout the project lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This person is a highly independent self-starter with both a strong technical background as well as hands on experience with requirement management, functional specification and use case development.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment on multiple project tracks. The candidate will display an exemplary level of personal interaction skills during direct contact with users from all of the company’s business units as well as being highly detailed and organized. This role is expected to be a subject matter expert on the policies and processes in place in order to assist with troubleshooting, identification and implementation of solutions.
- Ownership, elicitation and documentation of business needs and business requirements; documenting standard operating procedures and process flows for the organization to reference. Gathering and maintaining data and ensuring accuracy of the data for reporting and analysis. Creating reports and determining the appropriate report design for various audiences. Refining those reports and models used to conduct analysis effectively. Lead the development of documentation templates and document management tools.
- Performing statistical analysis, modeling, and other quantitative techniques in order to answer business questions, assess business issues and/or recommend courses of action to meet business objectives. Presenting results of analysis and/or recommendations to portfolio/project managers, business managers, utility partners, and at times external parties.
- Communicating action plans, status and priorities to appropriate partners.
- Compiling and publishing company methodology deliverables as required.
- Establishing scorecards and dashboards with process performance metrics, targets and triggers.
- Liaise between Business User groups, UX, Strategy and Technology teams in order to drive knowledge transfer and ensure quality solutions that deliver business results. Assisting with project execution by providing input to business requirements, test plans, and implementation plans. Assisting with performing user acceptance testing and ensuring the test results meet defined criteria in order to meet the business objectives.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle. Identify, analyze, define, and document detailed requirements to support project and business objectives. Leverage knowledge of application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs. Participate in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Knowledgeable in technical data analysis, functional design, data modeling, system development processes, and software testing.
- Experience with intranet portals and client services portals.
- A complex thinker, analytical with strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- A minimum of 3 years in the consulting industry
- Knowledge of advertising technologies
- Knowledge of financial technologies
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 6 years of technology industry experience with at least 8 years in a client-focused Business Analysis role
- Customer focused with high quality standards. Strong customer facing and documentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables.
- Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and industry best practices.
- Experienced in full lifecycle management software delivery projects