DOOR3 is an independent technology consultancy. Our purpose is to provide our clients with expert guidance and to build software vital to their organizations. DOOR3 modernizes technology, whether that’s a single business application or an entire organization. We modernize and evolve the enterprise. We align technology to the future. Founded in 2002, we’re headquartered in New York City, and supported by a global team of talented professionals committed to building things of lasting value.
We are looking for a Python Developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in each of the phases of software development; including requirements, design, coding and implementation, test and maintenance. You will be on the front lines of creating powerful, scalable software to power best-in-class web applications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design and build scalable systems, collecting and serving large data sets from a large number of concurrent users
- Build clear, consumable APIs to power a series of front end applications
- Develop strategies around development, optimization and modularization
- Drive key strategic ideas regarding system performance
- Perform complete testing of all developed units and components
- Working flexibly in an Agile development environment; must be able to keep pace with the development team and adapt to changing requirements
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 2+ years of experience building systems with Python
- 5+ years of experience building back-end systems using object oriented design
- Familiar with Django or equivalent framework
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Should be well versed with code optimization techniques
This role is for our team who works on-site at one of our clients, who is a dynamic rapidly growing software company in Brooklyn, NY. Initially, your time would be split between our offices in the financial district of Manhattan and the client site.
- Experience developing applications in Node.js
- Experience in Health Care or Insurance.
- Test and Behavior Driven Development skills
- Passion for writing clean, efficient code
- Ability to manage changing priorities, solve unfamiliar problems, and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
As consultants, we are expected to be:
- On-time and on-budget during engagement execution
- External Customer/Project Satisfaction focused
- Internal Sales and Services Satisfaction focused
- Demonstrate a high level of technical skill
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical / dental / vision / life & disability, 401(k), paid time off and a variety of work/life programs