Hiring a database and reporting developer to work with our clients and talented staff to build out a business intelligence data mart and dashboards.
Essential Job Duties:
- Create practical solutions to drive performance optimization through query analysis, performance monitoring, tracing and best design practices
- Strong understanding of data modeling for both OLTP and OLAP purposes
- A good understanding of heuristic data analysis and problem solving ability for dealing with data hygiene issues
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and perform at a high level
- Excellent report and dashboard skills
- A strong ability to follow user experience guidance on widget placement and styling and a keen eye for detail
Required Skills & Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience building dashboards, reports or data integration processes
- Strong advanced SQL skills (All joins, pivots) as well as source control and rollout
- 1-3 years of experience building Power BI dashboards with a solid understanding of: Sourcing and refreshing data from both cloud-based and on-premises data sources
- Advanced DAX syntax including context filtering and calculate statements
- Building Power BI Data Models with complex calculations
Authorizing Power BI Reports using visualization, filtering, parameterization and navigation controls
- Power BI dataset row level security both directly within a workspace and as part of an Embedded solution
- Power BI workspace security and governance Power BI auditing, monitoring and tuning
- Strong proficiency in Integration Services (SSIS) or other ETL tools, proficiency in Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Integration Services
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Analysis Services
- Ability to manage changing priorities, solve unfamiliar problems, and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
People who are successful at DOOR3:
- Are willing to run through brick walls for our clients
- Are great at both contributing individually and at the give-and-take of team collaboration
- Check their egos at the door and focus on solving some of the most interesting problems in our field
- Love finding deals and new opportunities (even as a Developer!)
- Firmly believe that occasional snacking and beverages produces better code (yes, we have a fully stocked snack area)
- Have passions and points of view about technology that are larger than the project they are working on right now.
- Don’t mind hearing off-key renditions of “Happy Birthday” while we sample some of NYC’s finest bakeries in celebrating our co-workers.
And of course, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical / dental / vision / life & disability, 401(k), work/life programs, and a generous paid time off policy.