DOOR3 a digital consulting firm that spans the worlds of IT / Software Development and Strategic Consulting successfully blends them together to support our client’s digital initiatives. Our specialties include User Experience Design, Complex CMS Architecture development and Implementation, E-Commerce and Mobile Product Development.
We are looking for a senior Project Manager experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle process. They will have an outstanding history of managing digital experiences and have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate takes initiative, can manage multiple projects at a time, can think through technical options and is creative in developing measurable solutions while maintaining a positive can-do attitude and professional presence. He/she must have a deep understanding of agile project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced and integrated digital solutions. The primary role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage project deliverables for projects that may include mobile/web applications, new product and solution launches.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and take ownership of the project plan by working with discipline leads (BD, BA, UX, and Technology) to determine required tasks, task groupings / sequence, milestones, project approach and methodology (waterfall, agile / scrum), dependencies, schedule, work, and resource / role assignments.
- Participate in writing Change Requests and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Accurately forecast resource utilization using DOOR3 processes and tools
- Responsible for project accounting, time reporting and subsequent client invoice.
- Ability to work across several projects simultaneously with one or more junior project manager(s) or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement.
- Escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels; facilitates and organizes weekly team and client status calls.
- Consistently manage client expectations, solicits and acts on client feedback and identifies needs that clients may not recognize
- Manage tracking and resolution of defects and re-test/acceptance of client.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- BA or BS in an Analytical Field; engineering, business, etc.
- Must have minimum of 6-8 years of experience including: a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a management or technology consulting firm
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
- ScrumMaster certification, including experience with JIRA
- Experience in mapping business processes to new technologies
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base, both internal and external
- Organization, attention to detail, quality, and follow-up
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build relationships and teams
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) a must
- Fact-based and data-driven decision maker
- Must strive for continuous improvement and efficiency gains
As consultants, we are expected to (be):
- On-time and on-budget during engagement execution
- External Customer / Project Satisfaction focused
- Internal Sales and Services Satisfaction focused Travel to Client’s office when required (Tri-state and NY metro area)