DOOR3 is looking for a User Experience Designer. The ideal candidate will have experience developing both visual designs and user experience deliverables that are client-facing. Candidates should be production-oriented but able to articulate and defend design decisions to stakeholders confidently.
This will be an hourly role, working approximately 30-40 per week
Location: Open to U.S. and International candidates. If located in the U.S., must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design well-thought-out modern design solutions for complex enterprise applications, consumer sites, and mobile apps.
- Participate in UX workshops including but not limited to: competitive analysis, task analysis, card sorts, user interviews, and usability tests.
- Create and revise user experience documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, site maps, navigation schema, personas, user flows, wireframes, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Creating visual design that draws on your knowledge of modern UI design principles and techniques
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately.
- Passionate about engaging with and understanding current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Translate user stories and business requirements into usable design
- Handoff visual design to developers.
- Confidently communicates decision-making rationale to the team.
- Recognize how design contributes to a broader goal; acknowledge business goals and technical constraints to achieve the most effective product experience for users.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 - 4 years of UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a hands-on designer in a UX/UI team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- You have some experience participating in gathering intel from user testing and/or usability testing sessions.
- An experienced and flexible user of digital design tools, primarily Figma, but including Sketch, Invision, Zeplin.
- The ability to engage with clients—presenting your work, articulating your decisions, and defending those decisions when necessary. You can confidently present your work and define and advocate on behalf of the user experience with clients.
- You are focused on good design, industry best practices, and the user experience – always willing to broaden your skills with new challenges.
- You are capable of or have experience owning designs for specific features or midsize projects.
- You are capable of working on and delivering for multiple projects simultaneously.
You get bonus points if:
- You have an understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies, and how to integrate them in your design process.
- You’ve poked your head outside the creative department, working alongside project managers, business analysts, and technical teams
- Your skills expand to other design areas such as motion design, content strategy, information architecture, or illustration.
- You have a working knowledge or understanding of front-end web design, including basic HTML and CSS.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Provide a portfolio or work samples.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com