Location: New York, USA
Senior Program/Account/Project Manager must have a deep understanding of agile project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced and integrated digital solutions. The primary role of the Senior Program/Account/Project Manager is to manage project deliverables for projects that may include mobile/web applications, new product and solution launches. The ideal candidate would also have experience in Program Management at an enterprise level.
Core Responsibilities: The ideal candidate in this role will excel at operating at the nexus of a variety of competing demands from client side, team needs, technical requirements, and budget and timeline considerations. The core focus of this role is to manage the various considerations around project delivery, account health, and solutions consulting. Client management in complex organizations will be at the forefront of the duties in this role.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and take ownership of the project plan by working with discipline leads (BD, BA, UX, QA, and Technology) to determine required tasks, task groupings/sequence, milestones, project approach and methodology (waterfall, agile / scrum), dependencies, schedule, work, and resource/role assignments;
- Participate in writing Change Requests and Statements of Work (SOW);
- Accurately forecast resource utilization using DOOR3 processes and tools;
- Responsible for project accounting, time reporting and subsequent client invoice;
- Facilitate and organize weekly team and client status calls;
- Consistently manage client expectations, solicits and acts on client feedback, and identifies needs that clients may not recognize;
- Manage tracking and resolution of defects and re-test/acceptance of the client;
- Regularly interact with business stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements;
- Manage multiple projects at a time;
- Manage project scope, deliverables, and action items;
- Document project priorities with input from stakeholders; develops and documents project plans and schedules, identifying all tasks necessary to bring the project to fruition;
- Ensure project documents are complete and communicated appropriately;
- Assign realistic start and end dates to each task and oversees the activities of iterative-delivery;
- Anticipate project and account risks and develop remediation plans;
- Monitor and report project status to identify risks for stakeholders and leadership;
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication and working relationships with client-side product owners, stakeholders, and other relevant client-side parties (including 3rd party vendors and sub-contractors).
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience; including work in a management or technology consulting firm;
- BA or BS in an analytical field, engineering business, etc. preferred;
- Scrum Master certification is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects simultaneously in agile and waterfall methodology;
- Advanced user of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) or similar project management tools with experience customizing to workflows for various multi-party teaming structures;
- Experienced in the full lifecycle management of software delivery projects;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse audience, both internal and external;
- Organization, attention to detail, quality, and follow-up;
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build relationships and teams;
- Fact-based and data-driven decision-maker;
- Extensive client-facing experience as primary point of contact.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits are offered to full-time employees. Full-time or contractor applicants considered. Remote work and flexible working schedule. Candidates from New York City have preference as most of our clients and team members live and work there.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org