Location: New York, USA
DOOR3 is looking for a highly skilled User Experience and Visual Designer with the ability to envision and lead projects through the full design life cycle. Your experience shows your ability to navigate through complex user experience challenges, create pixel-perfect visual designs, and effectively work with clients to create amazing digital products.
The ideal candidate would have experience tackling complex problems by proactive research to become a subject matter expert in any given project. This role is both strategic as well as technical.
[This is a six month contract position at 40hrs/week with some expectation of being on-site for the client. NYC or Minneapolis, MN location preferred ]
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead and design well-thought-out modern strategic solutions for complex enterprise applications, consumer sites, and mobile apps for large and mid-size projects, from start to finish.
- Develop and run UX workshops including but not limited to competitive analysis, task analysis, card sorts, user interviews, and usability tests.
- Create and revise user experience documents and diagrams including but not limited to customer journeys, navigation schemas, personas, user flows, and wireframes.
- Creating a kick-ass, innovative visual design that draws on your expert knowledge of modern UI design principles and techniques
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI.
- Wowing clients with your strategic thinking; actively demonstrating the value you can add to their complex business problems.
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately.
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- At least 4 - 6 years of design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a hands-on designer in a UX/UI team preferably in a digital agency environment or similar. Proven experience shipping software applications.
- You have an understanding of business and the ability to integrate them to balance user and business goals.
- A critical thinker who can confidently discuss information architecture and interaction design in the digital space. Capable of making designs defensible, and able to anticipate feedback from designers and stakeholders. Focused on designing holistic experiences, and advocate for the user from start to finish.
- You understand the importance of user research and know how to conduct and implement it. You are capable of assessing what and how much research should be applied to different types of projects.
- You are capable of developing big picture strategy around a project, synthesizing stakeholder input as well as research findings to integrate multiple viewpoints. You can use your design facilitation and presentation skills to drive alignment around UX decision-making.
- An advanced and flexible user of digital design tools, including Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc. You have mastery of the full UX toolkit from research methods and analytics to design tools.
- The ability to engage with clients—confidently presenting design work, articulating and defending design decision making.
- You are capable of reviewing other designers’ work, and of defining complex work in order to lead projects from beginning to end.
- You’ve collaborated with a cross-functional team such as project managers, business analysts, and engineers. You understand the roles and pieces that make a digital product possible.
You get bonus points if:
- Have experience with shipping enterprise SaaS products.
- You have an understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies, and how to integrate them into your design process.
- Know when and how to delegate.
- You have a working knowledge or understanding of basic HTML and CSS.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Provide a portfolio or work samples
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com